III INTERNATIONAL MARIMBA COMPETITION
We can perceive the presence of percussion in our society every day. Percussion implies a huge amount of different sounds and a wide variety of technical possibilities.
The field of percussion developed itself at the second half of the 20th century through experimentation and new concepts in music, which is a curious fact since, together with the voice, percussion was the first musical instrument.
Considering this idea, the professors from Conservatori Superior i Professional de les Illes Balears: Josep Devesa, Carlota Cáceres, Noè Rodrigo, Armando Lorente and Joan Campomar, organize since 2016 the Trobada de Percussió de Pollença, a percussion festival focused on giving a wide view of the percussion world nowadays and having the village of Pollença as its host city.
Trobada de Percussió Pollença is organized by the association Factoria del Ritme and our overall objective is showing a representative selection of contemporary percussion as well as giving a pedagogical point of view through activities with families, locals and professionals all together.
The 2nd edition of the International Marimba Competition organized by Factoria del Ritme and as part of the VI Trobada de Percussió de Pollença is open to all percussionists born after June 1st 1996, regardless of gender or nationality. The competition will be held on the 11th and 12th of July of 2021 in the conference hall of the Port of Pollença.
COMPETITION RULES 2022
Check the competition rules from the following links:
- Bases del concurs 2022 (CATALÀ)
- Bases del concurso 2022 (CASTELLANO)
- Competition rules 2022 (ENGLISH)
** The pieces from the 2nd and 3rd round cannot be performed twice. The piece recorded on the preselection can be performed on one of these rounds.
** In the second round, the piece by J. S. Bach must be played from the original version for violin/cello/lute.
In alphabetical order:
Alejandra Vallejo Sánchez-Mayoral - SPAIN
Borja Camps Ros - SPAIN
Giorgio Calvo - ITALY
Mirabelle Kalfon - FRANCE
Tzu-Yin Lin- CHINA
- Philippe Spiesser (president of jury): professor of the Conservatoire de musique de Gèneve
- Carlota Cáceres: professor of Conservatori Superior Illes Balears
- Noè Rodrigo: professor of Conservatori Superior Illes Balears
- Josep Devesa (secretary): professor of Conservatori Superior Illes Balears
- 1ST Prize:
- 1000 € awarded by Fundació Guillem Cifre de Colonya
- Recital in the Trobada de Percussió 2023 (includes fees, travel and accommodation)
- 2n Prize:
- 400 € granted by Musicasa
- First prize: Gabriel Michaud - FRANCE
- Second prize: Antonin Jaccard - FRANCE
- First prize: João Pedro Lourenço - PORTUGAL
- Second prize: Hirono Tago - JAPAN