II INTERNATIONAL MARIMBA COMPETITION
We can perceive the presence of percussion in our society every day. Percussion implies a huge amount of different sounds and a wide variety of technical possibilities.
The field of percussion developed itself at the second half of the 20th century through experimentation and new concepts in music, which is a curious fact since, together with the voice, percussion was the first musical instrument.
Considering this idea, the professors from Conservatori Superior i Professional de les Illes Balears: Josep Devesa, Carlota Cáceres, Noè Rodrigo, Armando Lorente and Joan Campomar, organize since 2016 the Trobada de Percussió de Pollença, a percussion festival focused on giving a wide view of the percussion world nowadays and having the village of Pollença as its host city.
Trobada de Percussió Pollença is organized by the association Factoria del Ritme and our overall objective is showing a representative selection of contemporary percussion as well as giving a pedagogical point of view through activities with families, locals and professionals all together.
The 2nd edition of the International Marimba Competition organized by Factoria del Ritme and as part of the VI Trobada de Percussió de Pollença is open to all percussionists born after June 1st 1995, regardless of gender or nationality. The competition will be held on the 20th and 21st of July of 2021 in the conference hall of the Port of Pollença.
- First prize: Gabriel Michaud
- Second prize: Antonin Jaccard
In alphabetical order:
• Paulina Andrzejak (POLAND)
• Diego Casado Rodriguez (SPAIN)
• Javier Delgado (SPAIN)
• Vitória Do Bem (PORTUGAL)
• Jorge Edo (SPAIN)
• Antonin Jaccard (FRANCE)
• Gabriel Michaud (FRANCE)
• Pablo Mor Lillo (SPAIN)
• Loïc Morin (FRANCE)
COMPETITION RULES 2021
Check the competition rules from the following links:
*For the second round, pieces of similar difficulty will be accepted, with the previous confirmation from the organization. If you wish to suggest a different piece, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bases del concurs 2021 (CATALÀ)
- Bases del concurso 2021 (CASTELLANO)
- Competition rules 2021 (ENGLISH)
- Philippe Spiesser (president of jury): professor of the Conservatoire de musique de Gèneve
- Carlota Cáceres: professor of Conservatori Superior Illes Balears
- Noè Rodrigo: professor of Conservatori Superior Illes Balears
- Josep Devesa (secretary): professor of Conservatori Superior Illes Balears
- 1ST Prize:
- 1000 € awarded by Fundació Guillem Cifre de Colonya
- Recital in the Trobada de Percussió 2022 (includes fees, travel and accommodation)
- 2n Prize:
- 400 € granted by Musicasa
- First prize: João Pedro Lourenço - PORTUGAL
- Second prize: Hirono Tago - JAPAN